KFSH-D is committed to providing the patients with excellent medical and nursing care. We believe that outstanding Patient Care begins with the establishment of a good partnership between the Patient, his family and KFSH-D staff.
KFSH-D patients can expect the following rights:
You will receive compassionate, culturally sensitive and respectful care in a clean, safe and friendly environment.
You will be taken care of by qualified, competent and caring staff.
You will be seen by a consultant within 24 hours of admission and on a regular basis thereafter.
You will be able to know your treating physician’s name and any member of the medical team involved in your care.
You will be kept updated about the diagnosis, treatment plans, possible significant complications or side effects and any required follow up treatment.
You will receive all essential information to concur with the Informed Consent for any proposed procedure or treatment.
You should be able to comment on and discuss the care and services being received.
You will be informed about the effect on the health should any treatment be refused. Should the incident occur, you must sign the “Leave Against Medical Advice” (LAMA) Form.
You will be assured of privacy and confidentiality pertaining to your medical and social information.
You will be provided with adequate translation services, when necessary.
You will be informed about a proposed research that you might be asked to participate in.
You will be able to refuse taking part in any proposed research or to withdraw from a research program at any stage with a guarantee that such refusal or withdrawal will not have any effect on the delivery of care for you.
You will be discharged as per the recommendation of your treating consultant with appropriate medications, follow up appointments and required instructions/education for home care.
You will be provided with a copy of the discharge summary to facilitate following up with the physician in any local hospital, if needed.
You will be provided with the documents stating the period of hospitalization, upon request.
You will have your pain assessed and adequately managed.
You should be informed about expected outcomes and unanticipated outcomes of treatment during the course of stay.
You will have the right to seek a second opinion within or outside KFSH-D.
You will be protected from any physical or psychological assault during your care in KFSH-D.
Your spiritual and religious needs will be responded to appropriately, when requested.
To determine what information will be provided to a pre determined family member or others regarding your care.
To complain and to be informed about the process of complaints without any compromise regarding your care.
To be provided with respectful and compassionate care at the end of life and deal with the deceased body respectfully.
- 1. KFSH-D patients including family members and visitors are expected to abide by all rules and regulations within KFSH-D. Compliance to the following must also be observed:
- Adherence to No Smoking Policy: KFSH-D considers smoking harmful to health and discourages its practice. Smoking is prohibited throughout the Hospital buildings.
- Visitor Policy: to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients, please comply with visiting hours and be considerate by keeping noise levels at a minimum.
- Hospital staff should be treated with respect. Verbal, physical or any other form of abuse of patients towards staff will not be tolerated.
- You should provide your treating physician with your complete health information such as:
- Present medical condition
- Past illnesses
- Hospitalization history
- Medication or Vitamins being taken
- Other information that is pertinent to your health such as family medical history
- If in any event, you did not understand the diagnosis or the treatment, you must ask for further clarification from your treating physician and/ or other healthcare team members.
- Valuable objects should be left at home and only necessary items must be brought during hospitalization stay.
- Your treating physician and/or staff nurse must be immediately notified for any changes in your condition.
- You must adhere to and come on scheduled appointments. In case you are unable to come, please notify the appointment center at the earliest time possible.
- You should be considerate as priority will be given to patients that need immediate medical care attention especially those with a worse medical condition.
- Instructions of your treating physician or other healthcare members must be followed strictly at all times.
- For safety purposes, you, your family members and visitors must adhere to the Safety and Security directions issued by the Hospital.
- If your treating physician permits you to go for a walk, the nurse should be informed of your whereabouts for safety and you must return to the room when necessary.
- Hospital properties and medical equipments must be used safely and properly by patients and their families.
- You will be held in full responsibility for any violations of the hospital’s regulation done by your companion. In such cases, your companion’s permit issued by the hospital administration shall be cancelled.
For any assistance or enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Patient Relations Department through:
Telephone: (8442222) extension (1140), (1141)
Email address: Patient.Relation@kfsh.med.sa