Academic Affairs, Training and Research (AATR) vision's is to be a premier provider of academic, research and continued education services both nationally and internationally. Since its inception, as a key KFSHD unit, AATR has continued to improve and expand the scope of its services without losing sight of two key parameters— quality of service and strong alignment of its activities with the Mission, Vision, Values and Objectives of KFSHD. This has largely been possible because of a high level of competence, sincerity and commitment of each and every AATR staff member in accomplishing the tasks entrusted to them.
Scope of Services:
- Manage CME activities; i.e., policy development, planning, budgeting, processing and evaluation of Major CME (M-CME) proposals; and general oversight with regards to overall functionalities of the CME department;
- Assist in accreditation of KFSHD CME activities with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFSH).
- Provide Medical Library facilities that include standard hard copy library support, electronic medical databases, electronic CME aids and research assistance.
- Facilitate and oversee all research activities at KFSHD from inception to publication
- Conduct and supervise research related education and training activities and quality assurance activities; ensure research complies with national and international guidelines and best practices
- Oversee the process of managing and coordinating routine activities related to Fellows, Residents, Interns and Medical Students' records, interviews and training
- Facilitate KFSHD scholarship application process of clinical and non-clinical staff members
- Organization of courses in Basic Life support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Provide general competencies training and specialized programs designed according to specific requirements of departmental needs to equip employees with essential job skills
The approval of the King Khalid Medical City has increased our responsibilities exponentially. The AATR team is excited and is gearing up to meet the new demands and challenges that come with such a monumental venture. Our main objective is to bring KFSHD and later on KKMC to the forefront of healthcare education and research. Thus, we will continue to strive diligently to ensure high quality service.